The 10 Commandments of Concert Promotions
Here are the ten laws of promoting a concert. Take note and govern yourself accordingly, for the money you save just may be your own.
1. You are the ruler of your promotion.
2. Thou shall have no other promoter with more authority over your promotion than you.
3. Thou shall not distribute any unprofessional flyers or posters.
4. Remember to treat people with respect, as you would have them do unto you.
5. Honor thy budget and cash flow.
6. Thou shalt not kill your show with poor radio and television commercials.
7. Thou shalt not commit to artists that can’t sell tickets.
8. Thou shalt not steal copyright ideas and promotions.
9. Thou shall not fear giving your all to promote your show.
10. Thou shall seek professional advice on unfamiliar matters.
by Kevin Morrison (on Google+)
eJams Entertainment Booking Agency
Six Cool Motivational Quotes for Success in Business and Life
1. A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts. – Richard Branson
2. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed. – Booker T. Washington
3. You were born to win, but to be the winner you were born to be you must plan to win and prepare to win. Then and only then can you legitimately expect to win. – Zig Ziglar
4. To succeed… You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. – Tony Dorsett
5. Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. – Maya Angelou
6. There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
Join our newsletter mailing list for the latest information on artist availabilities, promoter tips, and more.